Legs for Days
Yesterday, I kicked off my workout week with my favorite areas to workout: legs and booty.
Mondays and Thursdays are my days to workout my lower body. I could work out my legs for days, as opposed to my core.
I love any workout incorporating lunges, squats, and glute kickbacks. Since it is my favorite workout, I figured I would share my Monday routine with you all!
- I start with foaming roll my quads, calves, and booty. FYI - foam rolling will be up next week.
- I use the below routine from www.gymaholic.co (click or look below).
- 3 sets of 10 - wide stance bodyweight squats
- 5 sets of 12 - wide stance barbell squats (I use 10lb barbells)
- 3 sets of 20 (each leg) - stationary lunges
- 3 sets of 12 - leg press (I do these with ankle weights if I am not in the gym)
- 3 sets of 20 - glute bridges
- 4 sets of 20 (each leg) - gluten kickback **my personal favorite**
- I always do a quick yoga sequence last to stretch my legs. I learned the hard way how important it is to stretch after strength workouts.
Now today is upper body. Time to workout my shoulders and arms! Anyone else working out their favorite or least favorite body parts today?