Matcha Me Up
Do you all know matcha? If not, I would like to introduce you to my new best friend. We first became friends in February.
I had a New Years Resolution this past January to drink less coffee. In my pre-matcha days, I added way too much brown sugar, cream, and all of the deliciousness that makes coffee really good.
So I did research and found out about matcha. Matcha is a ceremonial Japanese green tea powder that is packed with caffeine, antioxidants, and detoxifying properties for the body.
My mind said, "say no more; what a perfect substitute to replace a coffee addiction."
I browsed Amazon, purchased DoMatcha, and looked up recipes. The classic way to make matcha is to boil a cup of water, add 1 or 2 tsps of matcha, and finish up with a bamboo whisk.
But I must say once I nailed the below Soy Matcha Latte recipe, that's when matcha and I became besties. I recommend this to everyone who wants to replace coffee or just add a new morning and afternoon pick-me up!
What I use:
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 tsp of matcha (personal favorite: DoMatcha organic)
- 3/4 cup steamed soy milk
- 1 tsp honey (2 tsp if you want more sweetness)
What I do:
- Boil 1/2 cup water and add to blender once ready
- Add matcha to blender and turn on for 1 minute
- While blending, lightly steam soy milk on stove top
- Once matcha and water are blended, add soy milk
- For sweetness, add honey to the mixture
- Blend for another minute and pour into favorite mug
- Drink until done!
Has anyone else made matcha, likes matcha or knows more about how to prepare matcha? I love to talk matcha!